Eastern India and the Himalaya
A truly special tour for lovers of the mountains, walking, the tea culture and vibrant cities. Beginning with an amazing few days wandering along untrodden paths in the Himalayan foothills in Sikkim, move on to a peaceful haven in the middle of ‘your own’ tea estate, before heading down to one of India’s most fascinating cities. Then end with a few days at a unique and intriguing country mansion.
- Day 1 - Fly to Delhi or Kolkata.
- Day 2 - Fly to Bagdogra and drive to Rinchenpong to begin a 4 or 5 night Shakti Sikkim Village Walk, staying in lovely, local lodges serviced and staffed to the highest level, by the Shakti team.
- Day 3 / 4 / 5 - Walking in the hills, seeing Sikkimese life and traditions.
- Day 6 - Drive to Glenburn Tea Estate, via Darjeeling for 3 nights.
- Day 7 / 8 - Relaxing, walking and exploring the tea estate.
- Day 9 - Drive to Bagdogra and fly to Calcutta for 3 nights at The Penthouse.
- Day 10 / 11 - Exploring this complex, fascinating, historical city.
- Day 12 - Fly home, possibly via Delhi.