Ladakh and Kashmir
Ladakh offers the perfect summer holiday as this area comes into its own when the rest of India is wet and soggy. Enjoy an unparalleled visit to the little visited state of Ladakh, seeing areas that others rarely get to, staying in deliciously comfortable, rustic lodges. End with a fabulous few days on a houseboat in Srinagar, taking leisurely Shikara trips on the glistening lake.
- Day 1 - Fly to Delhi for a 2 night stay.
- Day 2 - Exploring Delhi.
- Day 3 - Fly to Leh for 8 nights in the exceptionally wonderful Shakti Ladakh houses.
- Day 4 to Day 10 - Exploring the famous sights and monasteries of Ladakh, along with lesser known sights further afield. Rafting and bicycling can all be part of the fun. Hemis, Stock, Alchi, Likir, Nimoo, Egoo. Or spend nights out on the mountain in luxurious moveable camps.
- Day 11 - Fly to Srinagar for 3 nights on sumptuous Sukoon – a houseboat like no other.
- Day 12 / Day 13 - Exploring Srinagar and water-trekking, seeing the floating markets, walking in the hills.
- Day 14 - Fly to Delhi for 1 night.
- Day 15 - Fly home.