Northern India and the Himalaya
Another fabulous tour for walkers, nature and mountain lovers. Head up into the glorious, unexploited, Himalayan foothills of Kumaon and spend time discovering its many secrets and observing the serene beauty of the area. Visit Gurkha towns and end in one of the most remote but luxurious mountain lodges in the world. The walk can be extended. A visit to Agra can easily be added on.
- Day 1 - Fly to Delhi for a 2 night stay.
- Day 2 - Exploring Delhi.
- Day 3 - Fly to Pantnagar or take the train to Kathgodam. Drive to the start of the Kumaon Village Walk and spend 4 nights rambling around the area staying in charming, beautifully managed, lodges.
- Day 4 to Day 6 - Drive to Leti for 3 nights at the impossibly lovely Shakti 360°.
- Day 7 / Day 8 - Walking and relaxing. Overnight tented walks can be arranged./li>
- Day 9 - Drive to the Almora region for 1 night back in a Shakti Village House.
- Day 10 - Drive to Pantnagar and fly to Delhi or drive to Kathgodam and take the train to Delhi for 1 night.
- Day 11 - Fly home. Or 10 Drive to Rishikesh for a couple of nights at the lovely Ananda-in-the-Himalayas Spa.