The Deccan Plateau and Goa
Perhaps one of the most intriguing yet least visited areas of India, the Deccan Plateau boasts some of the most majestic Islamic architecture, ancient forts, and grand monuments in India. Until recently there was a dearth of good hotels in the area but things have changed with the advent of a grand palace hotel in Hyderabad, a lovely boutique palace-style hotel in Hampi and a sophisticated boutique hotel in Goa. Thus, only a few nights in the middle need to be sub-standard and the sights you see more than make up for the lack of facilities.
- Day 1 - Fly to Hyderabad for 2 nights.
- Day 2 - Exploring Hyderabad.
- Day 3 - Drive to Gulbarga, via Bidar for 1 night.
- Day 4 - Drive to Bijapur for 2 nights.
- Day 5 - Exploring Bijapur’s exquisite monuments.
- Day 6 - Drive to Badami via Aihole and Pattadakal, for 2 nights.
- Day 7 - Exploring Badami.
- Day 8 - Drive to Hampi for 3 nights at fabulous Evolve Back Kamlapura Palace.
- Day 9 / Day 10 - Exploring Hampi.
- Day 11 - Drive to Goa for 3 nights at glorious Ahilya by the Sea.
- Day 12 / Day 13 - Exploring Goa’s culture, beaches, restaurants and shops.
- Day 14 - Fly to Bombay and home.