Concentrating on the Marwar region around Jodhpur, this tour reveals a wonderfully varied mix of cities, desert, hills, lakes, magnificent forts and architecture, rural countryside, horse riding opportunities and family life. Again, the drives are short and the architecture sublime. It can easily be linked with Eastern or Southern Rajasthan for a longer journey.
- Day 1 - Fly to Delhi or Bombay
- Day 2 - Fly to Jodhpur for 2 nights at fabulous RAAS Jodhpur. Afternoon enjoying the Ila Spa.
- Day 3 - Exploring the famous ‘blue city’ of Jodhpur and the mighty fort.
- Day 4 - Drive to Chhatra Sagar for 2 nights at this unique, family run, lakeside tented camp.
- Day 5 - Walking in the countryside, farmland and hills. Bird watching, picnicking or boating.
- Day 6 - Drive to Nagaur for 2 nights at Ranvas, a hotel within the ramparts of its own fort.
- Day 7 - Exploring your ‘very own fort’ beautifully restored by the Getty Foundation and the Maharaja of Jodhpur.
- Day 8 - Drive to Bikaner for 2 nights at eclectic Narendra Bhawan.
- Day 9 - Exploring the grand sights of Bikaner.
- Day 10 - Drive across the Great Thar Desert to Jaisalmer for 2 nights just outside at the glorious SUJÁN Serai. Sundowners in the dunes.
- Day 11 - Exploring the fabled ‘golden city’ of Jaisalmer and jeep safaris in the desert.
- Day 12 - Drive to Rohet for 2 nights at cosy, family run, Rohet Garh or sumptuous Mihir Garh.
- Day 13 - Jeep safaris, village walks, country walks and relaxing in these lovely hotels. The horse riding here is exceptional.
- Day 14 - Drive to Jodhpur. Fly to Delhi or Bombay for flights home.