Eastern India and the Himalaya
A truly special tour for lovers of the mountains, walking, the tea culture and vibrant cities. Beginning with an amazing few days wandering along untrodden paths in the Himalayan foothills in Sikkim, move on to a peaceful haven in the middle of ‘your own’ tea estate, before heading down to one of India’s most fascinating cities. Then spend a couple of nights at a unique and intriguing Bengali country mansion, before continuing to the ancient, powerful, sacred city of Varanasi on The Ganges.
- Day 1 - Fly to Delhi or Kolkata.
- Day 2 - Fly to Bagdogra and drive to Rinchenpong to begin a 5 night Shakti Sikkim Village Walk, staying in lovely, local lodges serviced and staffed to the highest level, by the Shakti team.
- Day 3-6 - Walking in the hills, seeing Sikkimese life and traditions.
- Day 7 - Drive to Glenburn Tea Estate, via Darjeeling for 3 nights.
- Day 8 / 9 - Relaxing, walking and exploring the tea estate.
- Day 10 - Drive to Bagdogra and fly to Calcutta for 2 nights at The Penthouse.
- Day 11 - Exploring this complex, fascinating, historical city.
- Day 12 – Drive to Rajbari Bawali for 2 nights at this magnificent, historic mansion.
- Day 13 – Exploring the delights of this unusual area, and river life.
- Day 14 – Fly to Varanasi for 2 nights at the majestic, riverside BrijRama Palace.
- Day 15 - Exploring the holy city of Varanasi, river trips, visiting Sarnath and aarti ceremony.
- Day 16 – Fly to Delhi and home.