Concentrating on the Marwar region around Jodhpur, this tour reveals a wonderfully varied mix of cities, desert, hills, lakes, magnificent forts and architecture, rural countryside, horse riding opportunities and family life. Again, the drives are short and the architecture sublime. It can easily be linked with Eastern or Southern Rajasthan for a longer journey.
- Day 1 - Fly to Delhi or Bombay.
- Day 2 - Fly to Bikaner for 2 nights at eclectic Narendra Bhawan.
- Day 3 - Exploring the grand sights of Bikaner.
- Day 4 - Drive across the Great Thar Desert to Jaisalmer for 2 nights just outside at the glorious SUJÁN The Serai. Sundowners in the dunes.
- Day 5 - Exploring the fabled ‘golden city’ of Jaisalmer and jeep safaris in the desert.
- Day 6 - Drive to Rohet for 2 nights at cosy, family run, Rohet Garh or sumptuous Mihir Garh.
- Day 7 - Jeep safaris, village walks, country walks and relaxing in these lovely hotels. The horse riding here is exceptional.
- Day 8 - Drive to Jodhpur for 2 nights at fabulous RAAS Jodhpur or delightful, boutique Rohet House.
- Day 9 - Exploring the famous ‘blue city’ of Jodhpur and the mighty fort.
- Day 10 - Drive to RAAS Chhatrasagar for 2 nights at this unique, family run, lakeside tented camp.
- Day 11 - Walking in the countryside, farmland and hills. Bird watching, picnicking or boating.
- Day 12 - Drive to Nagaur for 2 nights at Ranvas, a hotel within the ramparts of its own fort.
- Day 13 - Exploring your ‘very own fort’ beautifully restored by the Getty Foundation and the Maharaja of Jodhpur.
- Day 14 - Drive to to Sikar for 2 nights at delicious Deepura Garh.
- Day 15 - Exploring Shekhavati or relaxing at this oasis.
- Day 16 - Drive to Jodhpur. Fly to Delhi or Bombay for flights home.