The Deccan Plateau and Goa
Perhaps one of the most intriguing yet least visited areas of India, the Deccan Plateau boasts some of the most majestic Islamic architecture, ancient forts, and grand monuments in India. Until recently there was a dearth of good hotels but things have changed with the advent of a grand palace in Hyderabad, a boutique palace-style hotel in Hampi; a delightful hilltop / beach hotel in South Goa; a sophisticated boutique hotel in North Goa; and a gorgeous villa hotel in the hills at Gokarna. Thus, only a few nights in the middle need to be sub-standard and the sights you see more than make up for the lack of facilities.
- Day 1 - Fly to Hyderabad for 2 nights.
- Day 2 - Exploring Hyderabad.
- Day 3 - Drive to Gulbarga, via Bidar for 1 night.
- Day 4 - Drive to Bijapur for 2 nights.
- Day 5 - Exploring Bijapur’s exquisite monuments.
- Day 6 - Drive to Badami via Aihole and Pattadakal, for 2 nights.
- Day 7 - Exploring Badami.
- Day 8 - Drive to Hampi for 3 nights at fabulous Evolve Back Kamalapura Palace.
- Day 9 / Day 10 - Exploring Hampi.
- Day 11 - Drive to Gokarna for 3 nights at heavenly Kahani Paradise.
- Day 12 - A day exploring the beaches and sacred sights of Gokarna or relaxing at the villa, walking in the hills.
- Day 13 - Drive to South Goa for 2 nights at Cabo Serai.
- Day 14 - On the sublime beach, yoga, relaxing, walking.
- Day 15 - Drive to North Goa for 3 nights at glorious Ahilya by the Sea or wonderful Praya Villas.
- Days 16 / 17 – 2 days relaxing, exploring Goa’s culture, beaches, restaurants and shops.
- Day 18 - Fly to Bombay and home.